United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women
"The Orchard Circle"
Our unit of the UMW called the Orchard Circle, is an organized community of women purposefully growing with God. We passionately meet to develop supportive fellowship and expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Orchard Circle is a group of women of all ages who support missions both locally and nationally. As members we strive to grow spiritually through Mission Studies supported by our District UMW and by offering supportive fellowship for all women. Sponsoring various day trips offers time with other women to build new relationships with focus on Christian principles. The Orchard also hosts various fund raisers each year in order to support other church and local missions.
Typically, the Orchard Circle meets the last Monday evening of the month. Meetings begins at 7:00 pm with light refreshments and time to socialize beginning at 6:30.
- In June and July we postpone regular meetings until August. Instead, in July, we have our annual Ice Cream Social!
Next scheduled meeting October 16, 2017 at the home of Joyce Thigpen.
Location of Normal Meetings
Fellowship Hall of Orange UMC, unless otherwise noted.
Come Join Us!
Mary Cissell, Co President at (770) 298 6250 or email@example.com
Judy Powell, Secretary/Treasurer at (770) 827-2936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Current and Past Activities
- A phone call from House of Hope with an urgent need for winter coats prompted Orchard Circle to get the word to our membership of this need. The response has been tremendous. See picture top right.
- Our meeting on Feb 29 brought us Missionary Anne Rex who shared her passion with and the struggles of the people of Turkana, in Northwest Kenya.
- Just in time for Mother’s Day, Saturday, May 7, 2016, Orange Circle held our annual plant sale to raise money for all our mission projects. It was highly successful, so thank you for everyone's part!
- In December, for Blessed Hope's annual Santa's Workshop, we again provided “helpers” -including a high style arrival for Santa in a mule-drawn wagon! This event allows parents or grandparents have free shopping for new and gently used toys, games, and beautiful free gift wrapping.
Orange United Methodist Women continue their mission work both locally and internationally. Through our pledges and fund-raisers, we have been able to give financial support to the following: Murphy Harpst Children’s Home, Must Ministries of Canton, GA, Gideon’s Bible Society, Cherokee Family Violence Center, and Hope Ministries of Free Home.
In addition, we give support to our church through purchasing UPPER ROOM magazines, contributing to the Children, Youth and Boy Scout programs, sending cards to home-bound members, and purchasing Christmas decorations for the sanctuary.
This summer, we have undertaken our own mission to feed 4 impoverished families in our neighborhood whose children depend greatly on the school lunches.
But we’re not just about hard work! We have fun fellowship times like our High Tea Party held this Spring and our fun weekend retreat at Callaway Gardens. Come and join us.
It is a joy and a blessing to be a part of this group of loving, caring, fun-loving, Christian ladies.